State Service Center
222 E. Dunklin Street, Ste. 100
Jefferson City, MO 65101-3127
Phone: (573) 634-2321
Les Vannasdall, 97th President
Joe Jerkins, Executive Director
Who are the Jaycees? How do I join? Our Vision: To be the leading global network of active young citizens.
Our Mission: To provide development opportunities that empower young people to create positive change.
Sign Our Guestbook
powered by FreeFind
Outstanding Young Missourian Awards Program
OYM PROGRAM OVERVIEW:
The Missouri Jaycees annually select and honor several Outstanding Young Missourians. The awards ceremony dramatizes each winner's career in narrative form and provides a stage for the honorees to challenge and inspire Missouri 's young leaders. Young men and women of all fields of endeavor may be nominated for OYM honors. A Jaycee chapter may submit one or more nominations. Winners will be selected by a group of distinguished judges from different geographical areas outside Missouri. Each winner will be selected on the basis of achievement or contribution in any three (3) of the following areas:
2. Financial success and economic innovation;
3. Social improvement to major contemporary problems;
4. Philanthropic contribution or voluntary service;
5. Politics or government service;
6. Scientific or technological contributions;
7. Legal reform;
8. Cultural achievement (to include contributions in literature, history, education or the arts);
9. Academic leadership or accomplishments;
10. Moral and religious leadership;
11. Athletic accomplishments;
12. Success in the influence of public opinion (news media and other means);
13. Any other important contributions to community, state or nation, at the discretion of the judges.
In determining the recipients of this recognition, the judges also give particular consideration to each nominee's record of adherence to the principles embodied in the Jaycee Creed.Joe Jerkins.
For informational purposes only. Any duplication or reproduction of any information contained herein without the express written consent of the Missouri Jaycees is strictly prohibited.
Copyright © 1997-2018 Missouri Jaycees. All rights reserved.
Site last modified: December 30, 2017.
Send mail to webmaster with questions or comments about this web site.